“WE FOCUS ON THE PROCESS OF LEARNING, THE WHYS AND THE HOWS, WHICH ALIGNS WITH THE UNIQUE MINDS OF OUR STUDENTS.”
–Erin Morris, Head of School
Epiphany students learn to think critically, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively through discussion based learning and small group or individualized instruction.
An alternative to traditional rote memorization and teacher-focused instruction, Epiphany uses a student-centered and inquiry-based learning approach with classroom projects and technology to engage students in collaborative real-world investigations. It’s “learning by doing.”
- Engages students interest and motivation
- Helps our students understand the “why?” behind things they are learning
- Deepens understanding of concepts, improves communication and social skills, develops leadership skills, and fosters problem-solving and creativity
- Small group instruction for acceleration to engage and challenge based on individual learning strengths.
- 6:1 Student:Teacher ratio
- Small group instruction for remediation based on individual learning needs
- Individualized classroom accommodations and instruction
- 1:1 Student to computer ratio
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Specials (Art, Music, Health, Gardening, Spanish Language, Technology/Coding)
Enrichment Classes & Extra-curricular activities:
Friends & Feelings(TM) Social Skill Program: Daily class with student flexible-grouping based on social skill, maturity and peer interaction needs. This is the cornerstone of Epiphany's program, with daily integration of social skill based teachable moments.
In addition to core subjects above, students participate in the following classes:
- Physical Education
- Recess, Daily
- Let Me Run Program (Fall)
- Occupational Therapy Enrichment
- Canine Therapy
- Field Trips